Sunday, October 23, 2016

Early Bird Gets the Worm


Orem's All Together Playground

Orem has built an amazing playground. It is called the All Together Playground. This is a place that all children can safely play together. Built for wheelchairs, children with any medical problem, built for average kids, and for the safety of everyone. It has been really crowded since it opened, but we have discovered the earlier you get there the better the time you will have.

Look at the glorious sunshine rising, and see the laughter and smiles on their faces. The greatest moment this time was seeing the 5 of us all joined together. Life gives us many roads to travel, challenges to face, anger etc, but it is how we respond and overcome it that makes us best.

Jaxon and Elly


Sisters forever and ever. A true friend.


I have taken the kids to this park on 4 different occasions so far, but by a long shot this was my most favorite time. We all arrived before 8:30am on a Saturday morning. We were the only ones there at first. These amazing kids were so excited to have the play ground to themselves. They ran from one side to the other. As I was sitting on a bench reflecting on life, as I more then often find myself doing now; I thought of all the special magical moments that we have shared over the last 11 1/2 years as a family. I thought of all the amazing quiet moments, I thought of the hard moments, and I thought of some of the greatest moments. I saw the sun rising over these 4 amazing kids that I have been blessed with. I saw smiles for the first time in a little while. I saw 4 children actually acting like children. I want so much to hold on to these moments. Getting to spend time with each of them, and also as a whole family has helped me realize I am doing my best. And for now hopefully it is good enough. It is my job to share these gentle kind quiet moments. It is my job to provide a peaceful time, that children get to be children. Where all the trials and troubles they may be facing disappear for at least an hour or so. Reminding my amazing Abby that she is still only a child. Stop and sit. Smell the scent of fall. Play in the leaves. Take pictures. Carve pumpkins together. Make special artwork. Plan your future. Relax for a moment. Enjoy the crispness in the air. 

No comments:

Post a Comment